Still on the fence about if using solar power is right for you? Here we have the top five reasons why buying, leasing and installing solar panels would be a positive action to take and provide your home with solar energy:
1. It helps the environmentThis is a huge deal. The less fossil fuel energy humans use the more we help sustain the environment and reduce global warming. If everyone you know used solar energy it could really make a positive impact on the environment. Switching to solar energy may seem like a small thing but when it comes to our environment small things like going solar really can and do make a difference.
2. The cost is not as much as you may thinkSo many people think about putting solar panels on their rooftop, ground mount or tracker systems to help but ultimately boils down to decide if the price is too high. But on the other hand the cost isn’t as high as you may think once you add in the various grants, incentives and rebates that you can get from the Federal government and the state of Massachusetts which reward homeowners for going solar.
3. You can save moneyOver the length of the life of your solar array you can save thousands of dollars by powering your home with solar, or virtually even eliminating your electric cost all together. Even though the up front costs may seem high when you consider the amount of money that you will save in energy costs the up front costs seem pretty reasonable.
4. Making money from your solar power systemIf you produce more solar energy than you use in your home you can sell your excess energy back to the power company and make money. Many states have laws that require the electric companies to buy excess power from property owners generating their own electricity. Not only can you power your home for 50% less or even for free using solar energy, you can make money using solar energy. It is common for a home in Massachusetts to use this earned money to pay for the Solar system within 5 – 7 years.
5. You’ll be energy dependentYou will never worry about going with electricity during a power outage or worry about what will happen if there is a storm that knocks out power to your area for days or even weeks. With the weather getting more unpredictable every year because of the effects of global warming using solar energy can give you peace of mind that no storm or power problem will interfere with your home having power and heat.
Locally owned and operated RevoluSun (Burlington, MA) offers free energy evaluations for homes and businesses. We present you with a no obligation, comprehensive, solar project proposal that meets both your energy and financial needs. We then deliver and install only the most efficient and highest value solar components made by proven and reliable manufacturing partners, and backed by the best warranties in the business. Ask around and you will learn we are a completely different Solar Power installer. If you were thinking about going solar, Now Is The Time, Massachusetts!